Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Oh my word! I have a Blog!

     Yep!  That's right!  For those of you who couldn't imagine me talking any more than I already do, I now have a blog!  But fear not!  This actually works out great for you!  If you don't feel like listening to me ramble on, all you have to do is close your internet window.  (Don't worry.  I won't hold it against you.)
     Anyway, for my first blog post I'd like to give a few "shout outs."  Firstly, to my sister-in-law Erin who has inspired me to begin my own blog. Erin's been blogging for quite some time now & she's a pro!  I always enjoy reading her blog because she's not afraid to discuss what God is doing in her life.  Sometimes she even blogs about how she has made mistakes in her daily walk with the Lord!  Can you believe that!  But I really love those blogs in particular because they make me feel like I'm not alone. :)  I kind of look up to Erin as a spiritual example. Sometimes I get the feeling that she's the perfect Proverbs 31 Woman. (She probably just did a spit take while reading this.) But she's not "trying" to be seen. She's just trying to live a life that is pleasing to the Lord. So its kind of comfotring to hear her say "Hey, I struggle with this."  I hope my blog can be that sort of help to someone else.
     Secondly, I'd like to send a "shout out" to my friend Tara.  Tara and I went to high school together, but oddly enough, we were never as close in high school as we have become on Facebook over the past year.  Tara is a wife and mother & also a fellow blogger.  She loves to blog about new recipes she's trying & I love to read about them!  I am constantly "facebook stalking" her to see if she has updated her blog with a new recipe!  She also enjoys discussing what God is doing in her life and so she has been another big encouragement to me in my spiritual life.
     My third and final "shout out" is to my "sister-in-law once removed" - Jennifer.  Jennifer is Erin's sister and, therefore, she's not actually related to me.  But "my sister-in-law's sister" is a term that just doesn't seem to do her justice.  Its so impersonal.  And if Jennifer is anything, she's personable! ;)  She really feels like family, so I've decided to call her my "sister-in-law once removed."
     Anyway, Jennifer is also a fellow blogger and I really enjoy reading her blog! She has young children, so I love to read her blog to see what I have to look forward to in the future (and what I should be forewarned of).  She's also incredibly creative in her activities with her kids.  Jennifer, I plan to shamelessly steal ideas from you that I can use with M! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment